Wednesday, February 17, 2010

In Honor of Mexico 2009


One year ago today (February 17-24, 2009) Myself along with 13 other college students and 3 chaperons ventured out of the country, to soil we had never stepped foot on, Tampico, Mexico.




I had never been on a missions trip, but had always wanted to go. This trip was a life changing experience. I had ventured to church services that you would never think would be church services.

One service we had to hike a STEEP mountain while it was raining and we were carrying sound and music equipment. To climb down the mountain we all held on to each other and found our way in the dark by a small flashlight. On one side was frogs everywhere the other was a drop off.  To say the least, we made it back alive. 

Even though I couldn't speak there language and they couldn't understand me, God spoke through us and the people there were so hungry for God. I came back with a opened mind that God could do anything anywhere. It was unbelievable.

Enjoy some pictures that are memories of mine.

 

 


1 comment: