Did you know a small spark can start a fire???
I know your probably saying "Where in the world is she going with that statement?"
Well, Three years ago I was searching High and Low for a job. I was determinded to get a office job. I kept saying I will never work in fast food. Well like my grammie says never say never. Something inside of me kept saying apply at In-n-Out. Ofcoarse I kept saying "I'll never work at fast food." HAHA Well I kept going for interviews at other places and could never get a job. I prayed about it and again something kept telling me go apply at In-N-Out. So I said okay lets go. I knew half the people that worked there, seeing as they either went to school with me or went to our church.
After I turned in my application I got a interview within a couple weeks and wouldn't you know I started the job within the month. So after I got the job I prayed and asked God why he put me there, there was already so many people from our church working there. Well, he spoke to me and said he put me there because I was the only female from our church. Which meant I wore a skirt (I was the only girl in a skirt)
So I let me lil light shine. I had so many opportunities to speak to coworkers about Christ, answered many questions about why I wore a skirt, why I had hair past my waist, if it was ever cut and what I believed. I never forced myself upon anyone of them.
Well a couple months ago one of the guys started coming every once in awhile. And Sunday night another guy started coming and he even went down to the altar and was almost one of the last ones to leave. I couldnt help but cry. I cant say that "I" did this or any other of my coworkers from church did. I must say God did it. We just let him shine through us. Lil did I know 3 years ago what God would have done through me and my skirt.
On another note. I bought this extremely cute brooch off etsy today! I cant wait for it to get here so i can wear it to church.



awesome katie!! Love it. God knows, doesn't he? And I love the brooch!! good find! :) xoxo
ReplyDelete